This wine’s every bit as fun as the label. It’s got just as much personality, too. Think lighter, brighter and more easy going than the furrowed-brow seriousness of Rioja. It’s a bright ruby in the glass, with spicy black cherries and blackberries, and that dash of licorice I tend to spot in wines all along this bit of the med. It’s a sweet-fruited core that’s decorated with lovely savouriness. There’s a freckling of tannin on its rosy cheeks, too. Not forceful, just charming. Chill it a tad in the summer, or room temp in the winter. Who said your go-to had to be an Aussie wine?
Full price $41.00 from the winery on 17 June 2019.
Mofo member price is always best price, 100% Happiness Guaranteed. If you find a better price to buy this wine elsewhere, contact our customer team now and we’ll beat it.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- Grenache, Carignan, Merlot, Tempranillo
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, mashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 400g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 40g packet fajita seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine tomato and coriander in a bowl. Combine avocado and 2 teaspoons lime juice in a separate bowl.
- Combine steak, seasoning and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, until golden and softened. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook steak, in batches, until cooked to your liking. Combine steak, onion mixture and remaining lime juice in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas following packet directions. Serve tortillas with tomato mixture, avocado mixture, beef mixture and lemon wedges.
The wines we remember are about the moments. The people, the places. That’s life. Here are some ideas...