Pinot Noir 2015 – Black Market Deal #1318
- Textured, savoury
- New Zealand
This producer is fast making a name for themselves as one of the best pinot makers in NZ, if not the Southern Hemisphere. We’ve got dark cherries and berries, but in a noticeably lighter body than some Kiwi pinots. It’s all about poise, this wine. No need to hammer the point home. There’s heady rose petals, dark tarry liquorice and the overall impression is peppered with hints of oregano and lavender. There’s the elegance of the old world, but with the unmistakable fire of the new. It’s wondrously complex, with a staggering amount of depth that will only increase with age. It sings of terroir in the way only pinot can, and tells you more of its homeland than even visiting would do. A supremely well made wine.
What is a Black Market deal?
Black Market deals are only made possible if we don’t reveal the maker’s brand on site. The wines are the genuine article, absolutely no cleanskins or fake brands, just dangerously good value. You won’t find out what it is until it hits your doorstep, but you won’t regret it. Just keep it on the down low.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- New Zealand
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Serving Temp.
Alright, so either this doesn't have a specific region (don't box me in!) or it's so secret we can't even tell you the region it comes from. Either way, I'm excited!
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Pizza with bocconcini, prosciutto & rocket
- 1 x 440g bought pizza base with tomato paste
- 5 bocconcini, thickly sliced
- 80g (1/2 cup) pitted black olives
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 30g (1/3 cup) shaved parmesan
- 7 thin slices prosciutto, torn in half
- Preheat the oven to 250°C. Place an oven shelf in the lowest position. Place pizza base on a baking tray. Top with bocconcini and olives.
- Bake on the lowest shelf of oven for 8 minutes or until the bocconcini melts and the base is crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine the rocket and parmesan in a bowl.
- Top the pizza with the prosciutto and the rocket mixture to serve.