Domaine de la Meulière Chablis 2017
This ticks all the boxes for a cracking, approachable Chablis. The classic pairing for this wine is with oysters. We like to avoid the banal here at the ‘fo, but my word do you end up craving them after a glass of this. Be prepared and get a couple dozen in. The palate is clean, crisp and almost spiritual in purity. Green apple, aloe, cucumber and oystershell, with notes of saline minerality that sing of terroir. If you’re pouring this, we’ll be happy to do all the shucking.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Chardonnay
- Serving Temp.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Oysters with Japanese sauce
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) seasoned rice vinegar*
- 1/2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 16 freshly shucked Pacific oysters
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into julienne
- 50g flying fish (tobikko) or salmon roe
- Mix the soy sauce, vinegar and ginger in a small bowl then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Just before serving, place oysters on a bed of crushed ice or rock salt for presentation. Spoon the dressing over, then top with cucumber and roe. Serve.