Ravensworth Riesling 2019
- Canberra District
The summer days in Murumbateman can be hot - but the cool nights are perfect for acid retention - and for making top quality Riesling.
If you like your Rizza fresh and floral - the Ravensworth Riesling nails the brief. There’s citrus blossom and white peach jumping out of the glass with a gentle touch of spice. Pink Lady apples and dried herbs get the ball rolling on the palate with a steely backbone of mineral acidity. Time on skins adds a lovely textural note. Yep - it’s got all the bases covered. Get your hands on some kingfish ceviche and you may have captured the perfect start to a perfect evening.
It’s cool, we get it, you want to know absolutely everything about this wine. Well here you go, go nuts.
- Canberra District
- Alcohol by Vol.
- Bottle Vol
- Blend Info
- 100% Riesling
- Serving Temp.
From the producer
Out now, a wine that encapsulates the season like no other. Citrus and spice, flowers and white peach. Its all here, a wine to remind you of summer’s past, sit back and think of a warm sea breeze drifting lazily through an open window.
The rules are there ain’t no rules, but here are some foods we think will work pretty well with this wine...
Lemon garlic prawns with linguine
- 500g pkt dried linguine
- 30g butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 800g medium green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 3 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbs lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 100g baby spinach
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add prawns and garlic and cook, tossing, for 3-4 minutes or until prawns are just cooked through.
- Whisk lemon juice, lemon rind, lemon thyme, remaining 2 tbs oil and sugar together in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add lemon dressing to prawns, followed by drained pasta and spinach, then toss well to combine. Serve immediately.