Note from the founders:
Cheers, Andre Eikmeier + Justin Dry, co-founders
Our commitment to open and transparent management of your personal information
- At Vinomofo Asia Holdings Pte Ltd (“Vinomofo”) we are committed to the open and transparent management of your personal information in line with our obligations under the privacy laws and to you as our valued customers.
- To offer the goods and services we provide in our business as an online retailer, we will need to collect personal information.
- Personal information is defined as information (whether true or not) that can identify you in some way (whether this information is taken by itself or together with other information which we have or are likely to have access to).
- This policy sets out how we collect, use and disclose personal information including: how we collect and protect your information; how we use your information; disclosure of information; our compliance with direct marketing and spam laws; offshore disclosure of information; and how you can correct information or complain about our use of your personal information.
- More information on Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) can be found at: https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/
- We will only collect information in accordance with applicable laws, (including Singapore’s PDPA) and through fair means.
Collecting and looking after your information
- We only collect personal information with your consent, and which is necessary for our business.
- We collect this information so we can deliver our goods and services to you, carry on our business and provide you with anything else you might require.
- On signing up, and placing an order, we will collect from you: your name, email contact, phone number, address, date of birth; and your credit card details if you select that payment method (we do not store credit card details, only payment tokens via our secure payment gateway Stripe)
- When you visit our website we may automatically collect information about: your computer’s operating system; your computer’s browser type and capability, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) Address and geolocation; pages visited on our site, including how you were referred to each page; and webpage usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
- We may record phone calls for training and quality assessment purposes and/or to fulfill our obligations to you.
- We will not identify users or their browsing activities except where we are compelled to by law or in accordance with our website Terms and Conditions.
- We store this information on secure cloud servers. These servers are protected by best practice cloud security measures which are in place to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised use, modification, disclosure or any other misuse.
Use of your personal information
- We use your personal information for the purpose of carrying on our business as an online retailer, including securing payment for and delivering your orders, letting you know about our business and current offers, and any other related activities that you may expect from us.
- We use the sort of information collected from your computer (mentioned in point 4 of ‘Collecting and looking after your information’) for the purposes of managing our website, improving our business and ultimately delivering better results for our customers.
- Use of your information will only be made in accordance with applicable laws.
Disclosure of your personal information
- If we do disclose your personal information it will only be for the purpose for which it was collected or as permitted by applicable laws.
- We may disclose your personal information in any other way that is required or authorised by you or the law.
- We may disclose your personal information, with your consent, for the purpose of carrying on our business as an online retailer and any other related activities that you may expect from us.
- In addition, disclosure of your information will only be made in accordance with applicable laws.
Direct marketing and spam
- When you join as a member of Vinomofo you consent to receive direct marketing emails from us (advertising, special offers, updates etc).We will only use your information for direct marketing (advertising, special offers, updates etc) if you have given consent to receive direct marketing messages from us.
- We will only ever send you direct marketing communications that are consistent with our obligations under applicable laws.
- We will always make it clear and simple to withdraw your consent from receipt of these communications and will respond to a withdrawal request within 10 business days.
- There are lots of links that will allow you to withdraw your consent to receipt of direct marketing communications on the communications themselves but if they aren’t showing up, for whatever reason, please email email@example.com to inform us of a withdrawal of your consent.
- The countries where these entities reside are varied due to the nature of wireless networks and cloud computing it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located but we know that disclosure may be made to the following countries: United States.
- Where an offshore disclosure is made it is always in accordance with the applicable laws.
Your rights to correct or complain
- We are only allowed to, and only want to, keep your personal information if it is correct.
- At any time you can contact us and seek access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you.
- We are contactable by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Vinomofo Asia Holdings Pte. Ltd. 80 Robinson Road #02-00, Singapore 068898.
- If you wish to complain about a breach of your rights under the PDPA please contact us on the email and postal addresses above providing details of your complaint in writing.
- We will respond to any complaint within 30 days. If you aren’t happy with our response you can complain directly to the Personal Data Protection Commission at https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/individuals/complaints-and-reviews
If you have any questions about privacy, your personal information, direct marketing, spam or our obligations or this policy please contact us at email@example.com.
Still awake? Well done. I nodded off at least twice while typing that out. Here’s a video of a sausage dog puppy sleep-digging: