A note from the founders:
We’re not so big on rules here, it’s just a wine site after all, and it’s supposed to be one of the more enjoyable parts of your day.
As a condition of using the Vinomofo website and other Vinomofo services (we’ll call that “the service” from here on), you agree to comply with and be subject to all of the following terms and conditions of use.
But we are a community, and a good one at that, so we do have a few conditions of being a Vinomofo member, and for using the Vinomofo website. Basically, it all comes down to keeping it real. Doing the right thing by us, our producers and by each other.
One of the most awesome things about Vinomofo are our secret and black market deals — these are deals so epic, wines so awesome, that the only way we can get them is by agreeing to keep the identity of the wine and the producer secret. We ask you to keep that secret with us. Please don’t post it anywhere, even if you are super-excited about it.
This way, we’ll all get to keep enjoying them. If we blow it, we won’t be able to get these deals anymore. So let’s work together, and respect our agreement with the producers of these awesome wines.
We’re also generous with “invite a friend” credits — we’ve grown through our members telling their friends about us. We love that, and welcome it! But we don’t want you to “game” that. Again — it only ends up costing the community. One account per user, please — let’s do the right thing.
Here goes, we warn you that our lawyer drafted these, so it’s not the most entertaining read, but important nonetheless…
Andre + Justin, co-founders
As a condition of using the Vinomofo website and other services provided by Vinomofo Asia Holdings Pte Ltd (“Vinomofo”), (we’ll call that “the service” from here on), you agree to comply with and be subject to all of the following terms and conditions of use.
Your use of the service constitutes your agreement to comply with the following terms and conditions.
The following rules may be modified from time to time. Continued use of the service by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions.
If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please do not use the service.
1. Personal use of the service
You agree that you will only register one account as a user. Instances of multiple accounts per user will result in the additional accounts being closed, and any credits attached to the additional accounts will be cancelled.
You also agree to not post information that reveals the secret and black market deals in any public forum. Vinomofo reserves the right to cancel the account of anyone posting such information in a public forum and to bring any actions against you as Vinomofo may see fit for the posting of such information.
Wine purchased from Vinomofo is for personal use only, and is not to be on-sold.
The service shall be used for lawful purposes only and that you will not use any obscene or offensive language, or place on the service any material is false, defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful.
Further, you may not place on the service any material that is encrypted, constitutes junk mail or unauthorized advertising, invades anyone’s privacy, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
You agree and acknowledge that your failure to follow the rules set forth in this Agreement may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
2. Responsible service of alcohol
Under Singaporean law, alcoholic beverages can only be sold or supplied to persons aged 18 years of age or over.
By joining Vinomofo and/or placing an order you are confirming to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
Vinomofo encourages the legal and responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages.
To offer the goods and services we provide in our business as an online retailer, we will need to collect personal information.
We are committed to the open and transparent management of your personal information in line with our obligations under the privacy laws and to you as our valued customers.
- how we collect and protect your information;
- how we use your information;
- disclosure of information;
- our compliance with direct marketing and spam laws;
- offshore disclosure of information; and
- how you can correct information or complain about our use of your personal information.
4. Copyright, trademarks and other proprietary rights
Vinomofo is a registered trademark of Vinomofo Asia Holdings Pte Ltd. Other product and company names mentioned on the service may also be registered trademarks of Vinomofo Asia Holdings Pte Ltd or their respective owners.
The service contains material that is owned by or licensed to Vinomofo Asia Holdings Pte Ltd. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited unless otherwise stated.
You may download and view content from the service, which may include, without limitation, text, graphics, icons, photographs and URLs (Content) and/or print a copy of this material for your own use only, provided you do not modify the content or use the content in a manner or for a purpose prohibited by these terms.
You agree and acknowledge that you shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, or proprietary rights.
The content of the pages of the service is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Vinomofo does not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, quality or completeness of the information and materials found on the service for any particular purpose.
Your use of any information or materials on the service is entirely at your own risk, for which Vinomofo shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through the service meet your specific requirements.
Any information or material placed on the service by users, including ratings, reviews, advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not necessarily represent the view of Vinomofo.
The service may also include links to other websites. The links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate, expressly or impliedly, any endorsement by Vinomofo’s of the site or the products or services provided at those sites. Linking to any other service or site from this service is at your sole risk.
7. Limitation of liability
Vinomofo’s services are provided in good faith, but Vinomofo does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of the service, and all warranties and representations are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
The contents of the service do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision.
To the extent permitted by law, Vinomofo hereby disclaims all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the service.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the use of this website or the content contained herein, please feel free to contact our Mofo Customer Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to enter trade promotions which may be organized and advertised by Vinomofo from time to time. Participation in any such trade promotions will be in accordance with these terms and conditions and any promotion-specific terms and conditions which we may notify to you from time to time.
8. Referral and welcome credits
Invite a friend via Facebook, Twitter or email and they will receive a S$25 welcome credit - we will also provide you with a S$25 referral credit in your account upon receiving your friend’s first order, as our little thank you.
Referral and welcome credits will expire 12 months from the date of issue. Referral and welcome credits are personal to you and may not be transferred to anyone else. Vinomofo reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel unused referral and welcome credits at any time. Available credits will automatically be applied to your orders.
9. Promotional codes, competitions or related offers
Vinomofo reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of, or otherwise modify, suspend or cancel any promotional code, competition or related offer at any time. Only one promotional code can be applied to any order. Promotional codes cannot be applied to orders where referral credits are available. Vinomofo reserves the right to revoke any credits applied in association with a promotion if fraudulent activity is suspected.Vinomofo reserves the right to impose additional terms and conditions on any promotional code, competition or related offer, and/or change or otherwise modify, suspend or cancel such promotional code, competition or related offer at any time. Only one promotional code can be applied to any order. Promotional codes cannot be applied to orders where referral credits are available. Vinomofo reserves the right to revoke any credits applied in association with a promotion if fraudulent activity is suspected.
10. General; Governing law and jurisdiction
You may not transfer any rights or obligations you may have under these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to transfer or to subcontract any right or obligation under these terms and conditions at our sole discretion without your consent.
If any term or provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such term or provision shall not affect the other terms or provisions, or the whole of these terms and conditions, but such term or provision shall be deemed modified to the extent deemed necessary to render such term or provision enforceable, and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be construed and enforced accordingly, preserving to the fullest permissible extent the intent of the parties and the purposes of these terms and conditions
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute an agency, partnership or joint venture between Vinomofo and you.
A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions has no right to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any term of these terms and conditions under the Singapore Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Chapter 53B).
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
Pinot Palooza Giveaway
You are invited to enter a trade promotion advertised by Vinomofo Pty Ltd, and as conducted in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The entry period for the prize draw will commence at 9AM AEDT on November 1 2018 and will close either: (i) when the prize has been allocated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or (ii) at 3PM AEDT on November 19 2018, whichever is the earlier (“Closing Date”). Entries submitted after the Closing Date will not be valid.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age to participate and a Singaporean resident. The prize draw is not open to employees, family members and/or contractors of Vinomofo.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”), and by the decisions of Vinomofo, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into.
- One individual winner will be selected by the Vinomofo Community Manager as per requirements.
- Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Vinomofo reserves the right to seek verification of eligibility to enter and receive a prize under these Terms and Conditions. Vinomofo reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s sole and unfettered discretion.
- Multiple entries to the prize draw per person is not allowed.
- All entries become the property of the Vinomofo.
- The total value of the prize will be up to the value of SGD$125.50. Prizes have been pre-allocated. A prize will be awarded to the eligible entrant whose entry is drawn (in the case of a game of chance).
- The prize consists of two tickets to Singapore Pinot Palooza.
- The Draw will commence at the Vinomofo office located at Level 2, 6 Palmer Parade, Cremorne, VIC 3121 on November 19 2018 at 3PM AEDT. The winner of the promotion will be selected by the Vinomofo Community Manager at this time, based on the requirements of the competition.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize.
- Winners will be notified by email to make necessary arrangements for the winner to claim the prize. For certain competitions, details of winners will also be posted on Vinomofo’s Facebook and/or Instagram pages.
- The winner must be 18 years or older and will be required to show a form of valid photographic ID when claiming the prize.
- The winner must sign any release form(s) as may be required by Vinomofo (and its associated agencies and companies), and/or any other third party directly or indirectly involved in and with the prize and refusal to sign such form(s) shall result in the immediate forfeiture of the prize and that person shall have no claim, action or recourse at law or otherwise, against Vinomofo in respect of the forfeiture.
- Prizes are non-transferable, not for re-sale, non-refundable, and non-changeable.
- The prize must be taken by 21 November, 2018. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize
- If a winner is untraceable within 3 days after Vinomofo’s reasonable efforts, Vinomofo will conduct a “second chance draw” for any unclaimed or outstanding prize. The second chance draw will be open to all eligible entrants who were not selected as winners before the Closing Date. The winner of the second chance draw will be notified in accordance with the notification procedure in Clause 13.
- Vinomofo may use a winner’s name, town of residence and likeness for the purpose of announcing the winners without the need for any additional payment or permission. In addition, the winner consents to Vinomofo using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Vinomofo.
- No responsibility is accepted by Vinomofo for matters beyond its reasonable control, and no refund or replacement prize will apply for such matters. Vinomofo accepts no responsibility for any incomplete or inaccurate entries received or for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries or winner notifications.
- Vinomofo will not be responsible for third party products and services offered as prizes and all such prizes may be subject to third party providers’ standard terms and conditions.
- Vinomofo reserves the right to alter or amend these Terms and Conditions, and conditions of operation of the promotion, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities where required.
- Failure by Vinomofo to enforce its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, Vinomofo (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Vinomofo’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Vinomofo) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Vinomofo;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e. any tax liability incurred by the winner or any entrant; or
f. the use of the prize.
26. This prize draw shall be governed and construed by Singaporean law and is run by Vinomofo Pty Ltd (ABN 69 149 404 197), Level 2, 6 Palmer Parade, Cremorne, VIC 3121.